Dal is an Indian dish that I love - especially in this version:
What you need:
2 spoons of coconut oil
1 tbs cumin seeds
1 onion, chopped
Salt to taste
3 garlic cloves, minced
About 1-2 inches of peeled and chopped ginger root
1 tbs ground turmeric
1 tbs ground coriander
1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced big
1 chickpeas can, drained and rinsed, or 1 1/2 cooked chickpeas
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk
1 baby spinach pack (142 gram)
Ground black pepper to taste
What to do:
*Heat the coconut oil in a wide pan and add the cumin seeds for about a minute.
* Add the garlic, turmeric and coriander and stir for couple of minutes on a low heat, until the garlic is soft.
* Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir and cover.
* Let simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes.
* You may mash about half of the dish with hand blender.
* Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. At this point you may add salt and pepper to taste.
You may serve over rice or quinoa.