In the last couple of days, we ate so many red dishes, that today I decided to turn to the other side and get something totally yellow!!! Since it’s a cold evening, I felt like staying at home and cook something warm, wintery, and… yellow A friend post on her Facebook profile a curry dish that she just made, and that was it: I knew it should be a curried yellow dish!
Opening a cook book is a good thing, but sometimes you just don’t have all those ingredients that they request for certain dishes. I learned to create something delicious from what we have at home. That’s the nice thing about cooking: it’s forgiving. And not just that – most of times it’s forgiving with a smile
So this is the recipe for the great curried vegetables stew I made today (together with a rice, but that’s another recipe!):
What you need:
* 2 Sliced onions
* 2 Carrots, peeled and cut to chunks
* 2 Cups vegetables stock
* 2 Cups coconut milk
* 1 tbs cinnamon
* 2 tbs Curry powder
* 4 tbs ground cumin
* 1/2 tbs turmeric
* 1 White potato, peeled and cut to chunks
* 2 Sweet potatoes. peeled and cut to chunks
* 6 Cloves minced garlic
* 2 Cups canned chick peas
* 4 tbs raisins
* Sea salt to taste
What to do:
* Cook the onions and carrots in a large pot with 1/2 cup of vegetables stock couple of minutes on a low heat. Onions should be soft.
* Add the coconut milk and the spices and salt; cook for another minute. Keep stirring.
* Add the white , sweet potatoes and rest of the stock, and cook for another 5 minutes.
* Add the remaining ingredients, stir and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Best served on rice!