Many of us tend to purchase a ready-made tomatoes sauce, as it’s convenient and not too pricey. The problem is that these sauces are usually packed with preservatives; also, they lost most of their nutritional value on their processed way from the field to your kitchen.
Tomatoes sauce is very easy and simple to make. This is a great recipe for basic sauce; you can add ingredients of your choice, such as mushrooms, peppers etc.
What you need:
* 5 cups of cubed tomatoes
* 2 chopped carrots (organic are the best as you can use them with the skin)
* 1 handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1 tomato paste (the kind that contains ONLY tomatoes)
* 1 spoon avocado oil
* 2 tbs maple syrup (optional)
* 1 tbs sea salt
What you do:
* Heat up some avocado oil in a large pot over high heat.
* Add the onions and garlic and sauté until soft
* Once soft, add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
* After boil, lower the heat and cook for another 20-30 minutes, until you get the wanted thickness.
When cool, store in glass jars and keep in the fridge. Tomatoes sauce is amazing with pasta, lasagna, vegan pizza, stuffings and many more.