Great home-made tofu chips that is similar to french fries, only with less oil and lots of protein!
You can add it to salads, eat with dips or by itself (anyone said home-mad ketchup and mayo??).
* Organic, non-GMO tofu is safe and healthy for you. If you can’t find one in a supermarket, please go to the store manager and ask if they can bring it in the future. If you ask, and I ask, and lots of us are asking for healthy things, the buyers will listen. GMO products sales dropped last year thanks to people like us!
* For this recipe it will be better to use a grill pan, to avoid excessive oil and to give the chips his nice dark stripes, but you can use regular pan too.
What you need:
* 1 organic firm tofu
* 1 spoon avocado or coconut oil
* Salt to taste
What to do:
* Cut the tofu to slices. Thin slices will give you crispy chips, well-done style, while thicker slices will be softer and more ‘meaty’.
* Lay the tofu over the pan, high heat, and sprinkle the oil and salt on top. Make sure that there is a bit of oil on each piece.
A word about salt: If you are going to use the chips in a salad or with dip, try to give up the salt as you probably won’t need it.
Enjoy, and don’t forget to share this recipe with others!