This soup is very satisfying and healthy. You can eat a little and fill full for a long time. It will also warm you up a bit, so it’s great for cold winter days. Of course, it provides lots of goodies such as fiber and protein. Green peas, celery, dill and beet leaves are a key food group for preventing disease and optimizing health. Green peas are loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
What you need:
1 onion, chopped
1-2 chopped garlic cloves
1 spoon avocado or coconut oil
2 cups green peas
3 celery sticks, chopped
2 beets leaves (only the green leaves)
2 potatoes, chopped to cubes
2 handful dill
1 spoon hawayeg spice (you can get it usually at Mediterranean stores)- or – 1 tbs cumin and 1/2 tbs black pepper
salt to taste
1 tbs turmeric
Water to cover
What to do:
* Heat up the oil in a large pot over high heat.
* Add the onions and garlic and sauté until soft. Onion should be clear, not brown.
* Once soft, add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Add water to cover.
* After boil, taste to see if you need to add some of the spices. Then lower the heat and cook for another 20 minutes or until the peas are nice and soft.
* Pull some of the peas out and set aside.
* Use a hand blender to mix the soup well until smooth. Then add the peas that you took out, so you get a creamy, delicious soup with a touch of peas here and there.