This delicious dish is perfect for a winter cold weekend lunch!
For gluten free dish, simply avoid the soy sauce and the wheat.
What you need:
* 1/2 cup beans (any kind, I like to mix colors)
* 2 small potatoes (whole)
* 2 sweet potatoes (whole)
* fresh sage leaves (handful)
* fresh thyme leaves (handful)
* 1 small purple onion, chopped
* 5-6 madjawal dates
* 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1-2 spoons balsamic sauce
* 1-2 soy sauce (low sodium, optional)
* Agave syrup to taste
* 1 spoon avocado or coconut oil
* salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until golden. Add the rest of the ingredients and fill with water. Add the salt, pepper and agave syrup. The sweeter you like it, the more agave you add. I have to say – it’s addictive! Be aware!
Bring to boil and leave on a very low heat for 8-10 hours. Check from time to time to add water and spices.